Monday, October 17, 2005

Well we're movin' on up!

I decided to stick around the islands just long enough to experience the Full Moon Party on Ko Pha Ngan. Basically, it's a giant dance party for about 10,000 people on one of Hat Rin beach. Think Appocolypse Now!... with fire twirlers, glow-paint, and DJ music. I'll take a boat over in the PM, and a boat back to Samui in the early AM. Then, on the 19th (right after I get back from the FMP) I fly to Bangkok and then to Chiang Mai. I decided, that, yes, I can only take so much beach and this trip would not be complete without a visit to the north. It wasn't in the original plan, but that's quite alright. I've always beleived that the best things in life come from a change of plans. However, in order to have a CHANGE in plans, you must HAVE a plan in the first place. Also, instead of staying two nights in Kanchanaburi (River Kwai bridge), I will do a day-trip from Bangkok on my last day, allowing for over a week in the north. So, yeah... movin' on up. Should be nice just hanging out up there. As for Samui, it pissed rain yesterday, so we played cards at our huts and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Today, I plan to get some beach time in and maybe go down south island for a snorkle. That's it for now.

1 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Blogger Andrew Iden said...

Sounds like the festival was good times, here's hoping there wasnt a Marlon Brando lookalike asking people to cut off people's heads and do sacrifices of cattles....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home