Friday, October 07, 2005

New Backpack, More Last-Minute Things to Do

I lucked out - REI, as part of their fall sale, had the new backpack I wanted: Kelty Redcloud 5600. So, I exchanged my REI Mars Pack (which, when I inspected it at home, wasn't what I hoped it would be) and picked up a few other useful tools for my trip (i.e. chain lock, backpack rain cover, and a small LED mini flashlight). Then, I cruised down to the Book Nook and picked up a copy of Robert Pirsig's Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. Seriously, how disgustingly heady can I get? Anyway, it's a book I've always wanted to read and I figured this would be a good trip for it. So, now that the big stuff is taken care of, I only have a few more minor things to do before I leave tomorrow - one of which will be checking out Swami Gone Bananas at Mike & Angelo's in Buckhead tonight. I never go to Buckhead (primarily because the collar of my polo shirts just won't flip up high enough), but I'll make an exception for M & A's to see Swami. Basically, they're a band comprised of extremely talented tye-dye clad dudes who wail out some terrific jams from the Grateful Dead, Allman Brothers, and a host of other improvisational rock groups. I plan to stay up all night to get my body nice and tired for the 22-hour flight to Bangkok, so it should be a fun way to kill some time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home