Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Taking it Easy in Ko Lanta

Find Phuket on the map... then look a little east. There, you may or may not find the small, quiet island of Ko Lanta. It's totally dead right now as it is the off season, so I have much of these golden beaches to myself. It's great... for a couple of days. Yesterday, on my way over to Ko Lanta, I stopped in Phuket and Krabi. The highlight was checking out the Vegetarian Festival in Phuket Town. I guess getting out of Whoreville was also nice. Here in Ko Lanta, I woke up at 6am this morning and swam in the ocean with not a soul around... just a couple of dogs. Later, after breakfast, I rented a motorcycle and toured the entire island. Funny thing, I don't know how to ride a motorcycle. But, I figured it out - eventually. Without a doubt, this is the best way to travel in a place like this. I probably won't stay as long as I had planned because it is so quiet, but I will enjoy the peacefulness for a couple of days and then move on. Next item of business... read my book on the beach and do nothing. Tomorrow, I will take my cycle to the eastern shore and watch the sunrise before moving on. Cheers!

3 Comments:

At 6:03 AM, Blogger Andrew Iden said...

Wh do I get the feeling you on a motorcyle, trying to figure it out would make your father wretch with disapproval?

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger eii said...

Sounds like you're having a great time, I'm glad to hear it. Keep having fun!!!! (and be careful, don't forget to wash your hands a lot, don't get in cars with strangers, keep your passport safe, don't walk barefoot,two words--HAND SANITIZER...)

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know who eii is, but listen-- he (or is it she?) gives good advice!
Couldn't have said it better myself...
BCOT!!
lymm!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home