Friday, October 14, 2005

Ko Samui

To those of you who doubted my motorcycle abilities, let it be known that I kicked some serious ass on that thing. Piece of cake. My only issue came when I, um, ran out of gas. All that scenery and wind blowing past me sort of forced me to forget about that special little guage. However, a cute, little Thai girl ran down from her home and offered to take HER motorcycle to the petrol station to get me a liter of fuel for 30 baht - that's about 75 cents. I gave her a 100 baht bill, and she ran into her home. Super. A few moments later, she came back out, clad in her Muslim head-cover... guess she couldn't go into town without it. I sat outside her home with the rest of her family and watched some DVD until she came back. She fueled me up, I gave her some baht for her trouble, and was back on the road. Kind of a fun experience. Yesterday, I made it over to the large, white-sand island of Ko Samui. The ferry ride over gave us some of the finest scenery I have ever seen. The beach is nice, here, but it's totally over-developed. That being said, there was plenty to do. Last night, me and a British couple I met on the boat went out for Thai dinner and, later, beers. We hung out at this bar for hours, talkign and watching Ultimate Fighting on the TV. And, speaking of fighting, the plan for tonight is to check out some Thai boxing at the arena right by my bungalow. I'm staying at Charlie's huts on Chaweng Beach. Apparently, Charlie had no need for hot water or a flushing toilet... but, really, neither do I. Also, as far as looking into the future... I'm thinking I may shorted my stay on the islands, skipping the Full Moon Party, and just head up to the north so I can go on a hill-tribe trek and chill out with all the monks. One can only take so much sand... perfectly fine and white as it is. That's it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home