Monday, October 10, 2005

Finally arrived in Bangkok after over 24 hours of flying. On the plus side, I DID manage to watch March of the Penguins on my way over. My hotel in Bangkok, Majestic Suites in Sukhumvit, is nicer than I need, but it was pleasant to have a propper room after all that travel. Today's plan is to see the Grand Palace and a few other sites, riding the sky train and taking water taxis. Tonight I am meeting up with a family friend at 9, and tomorrow I plan to fly down to the islands. Until then, I'm just going to enjoy a good laugh as I view the local scenery. Basically, I'm in Whore-ville. Population: me. Whatever you've heard about Thai prostitutes being everywhere in areas like Sukhumvit... believe it.

4 Comments:

At 1:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble...not much between despair and ectasy!

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Mark E Tisdale said...

whew - long flight - sure you didn't watch the movie six times?

Looking forward to your tales and pics from Bangkok!

Your fellow ATLer & RCPM fan,

Mark

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Andrew Iden said...

Looks like your having a good time so far partner, wanna hear more about the night out with Graaaaaham

 
At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cary and I just wanted to say have fun and be careful and wrap it twice....look forward to the pic of your mail order bride
love ya Trencher B and Cary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home