Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Still in Pai

Yesterday I rented a moped and tooled around this great little mountain town, visiting a temple, some hot springs (80 degrees celcius!), a waterfall, and a Chinese refuge. It's pretty basic Thailand stuff, but it managed to fill the day. In the evening, after gorging on more Pad Thai, I ended up at an open mic night, and performed three songs. Fortunately, there was no monitor for the musician, so I couldn't hear how bad I must've sounded. That being said, the guy who runs the open mic night asked me to come back tonight... so, either I wasn't all that bad, or they really need musicians to pass the time. Today, my only plan is to do nothing - perhaps read a little. I may even walk up to the temple on the hill, but that will take some serious inspiration. With only a few days to go until I return, my plan is to spend the night here in Pai tonight, then bus it back to Chiang Mai tomorrow in time to catch my overnight train to Bangkok. Upon arriving in Bangkok, I will then hop on another bus for Kanchanaburi, spending one night on a river guest house and taking in all the WWII sights. The next day, I will go back to Bangkok, put my stuff in storage, party on Khoa San Road, stay up all night, and be at the airport around 4am to catch my flight at 6. So, the next few days will be crazy, but lots of fun. Should be back on the evening of the 29th. Go White Sox.

1 Comments:

At 5:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jarrett-
It sounds as though you are really having a wonderful time! Looking forward to seeing the pix when we see you at home on Rupley.
Beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home