Monday, March 27, 2006

Back in the USA

After spending a full day, yesterday, in Lima, I'm now back in the states. Photos and more should be up soon. As for 26th... I flew into Lima from Arequipa somewhat early in the morning, arriving in the capitol around 10:30am. There, I was picked up by a friend of a friend (my Peruvian USA co-worker's buddy from back home) and spent my 14 hour layover hanging out in dirt-town. Lima, while holding some charm at night, is a rather large and drab corner of the Earth. I'm glad I only spent one day there. That said, the Miraflores neighborhood is fantastic. After seeing Lima's main plaza, we hit up this cozy section of town for lunch. After lunch, we hit up a sports bar called The Corner... or, as I like to call it: Gringo McGringoson's. Basicall, this place could have been anywhere in the U.S., as it was filled with TVs and travelers. We watched some Argentinian soccer and the final two Elite 8 NCAA tournament games before Edgar drove me back to the airport for my 12:40am flight. Like I said, photos and more to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home