Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Copacabana, Bolivia

Internet is slow, so I will keep it short. Tried to go from Cuzco to Copacabana, Bolivia yesterday, but, alas, it seems not possible. So, I made the best of Puno, Peru (2.5 hours to the Bolivian border), taking a trip to the Uros Islands on Lake Titikaka. The Uros Islands are floating islands, in fact, made of reeds. A little touristy, but I actually had a pretty good time. At night, I had great pizza in a bar and spent the rest of the night drinking free Cubra Libres. Basically, in many of these cities, there is so much competition for tourists that they give you free drink coupons on the street. I just went up and down the strip checking out different bars and people. Not a bad way to spend an evening I hoped I wouldn't have to endure. Puno isn't much, but it's not as bad as people say. This morning, I crossed the border into Copacabana and found myself a $5 room right on the freakin' lake. My room overlooks the water and has my own bathroom with hot water shower. Doesn't sound like much, but 'round here it's royalty. Today I will just chill out by the water and relax. Tomorrow, I will take a boat out to Isle del Sol for an all day hike from the north end to the south end before coming back to the mainland. Sunsets should be great. After two nights here, I plan to head back into Peru to the city of Arequipa. That will likely be my next blog before heading to Lima and then back home. Believe the hype - Copa rocks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home